Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Indietribe Newsletter


Welcome to another book review generated by Indietribe's BOOK REVIEW EXCHANGE service. This review was written by Jan Sikes.

SPECIAL RUN
BY LENA J. MCCOY
51KpBRq0WGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_
I read Special Run by Lena McCoy as part of a book review exchange through IndieTribe. I have to say that I haven't read many paranormal mysteries, but I was captivated from the first page. I have personal experience and interest in all things psychic, so to find white and black witches, Lycanthropes, Mediums, Fairy conjurers, psychokinetics and an animal psychic piqued my interest immediately. The concept of an entire town made up of people with psychic gifts intrigued me and I could not stop turning pages. I literally read this book in two days.
The murder of Katandra Omstead, a super talented botanist/psychokinetic who’d invented a miracle medicinal form of marijuana, started an avalanche of events, all tied directly into her murder. The character of Special, a part wolf, part collie, part german shepherd dog who adored Kat, added a whole other dimension to the story. Special witnessed the murder and suffered injury herself. It was up to animal psychic, Wheat Keigwin (Kat's best friend) to communicate with the dog and help solve the crime. I truly did not know who had brutally murdered Kat until the book was nearly to an end. Great writing by Ms. McCoy! She did a terrific job of weaving the characters together through past and present events.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes spine tingling paranormal adventure!
I give this book a 5 Star rating.
Available from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment